Saturday, August 25, 2007

Streets of Shanghai (Mirror of its development)

Whenever I am in a new place, I take a lot of pleasure walking on the streets for hours. A lot of time, I do not know exactly where I am heading. I just follow my senses...
I believe that the streets will always tell you the story of the city/place.
Shanghai is definitely the fastest growing city in the world. Balancing the old and new is an art.
Despite its prosperity, lotsa pple are still living below poverty line. Income gap is widening. In any progressing society, there will always be a group of people left behind.

This is the epitome of current state of Shanghai.
Lotsa Cars, Lotsa New Buildings, Lotsa Constructions. Like any other asian cities - it is embracing the Globalisation, but with a bit of localisation. (i.e. Cosmopolitan with Gong Li)

Old vs New
Posted by Picasa

No comments: